RK&K’s Women’s Leadership Forum (RWLF) sponsored a Dress for Success Campaign during the month of May to collect gently used women’s professional attire. Dress for Success assists women in their efforts to secure, retain and develop their professional careers and offers a continuum of services to help them thrive in work and in life. Their Suiting Program provides clients with career appropriate attire for job interviews and newly secured employment.
During the donation campaign, over 1,500 items were donated company wide. The donations included more than 425 tops, 270 dresses/skirts, 240 dress pants, 210 suits/blazers, 200 accessories, and 160 pairs of shoes.
The goal of this campaign was for all donations to remain local and to support women in the communities where we work. Some RK&K office locations did not have a Dress for Success office in the region, but all donations were sent to similar organizations which support and empower women. Donated items were delivered to the following organizations:
- Dress for Success (Baltimore, Delaware, Harrisburg, York, Richmond, Raleigh, Lakeland, and Columbia)
- Wings for Success (King of Prussia)
- Women Give Back (Fairfax)
- H.E.R. Shelter (Help and Emergency Response, Inc.) (Virginia Beach)
- Suits for Change (Washington, D.C.)
- Interact – Pass it on Thrift Store (Raleigh)
It took a small tribe to coordinate a successful companywide campaign of this nature. Special appreciations and kudos to all the volunteers in each office that encouraged donations and gathered, sorted, and delivered them to each center.
- Heather Coons (King of Prussia, PA)
- Jaime Schnurr (Raleigh, NC)
- Kathy Marshal (Richmond, VA)
- Sarah Kamins and Danielle Gaskins (Washington, D.C.)
- Lauren Herman and Amanda Valentin (Harrisburg, PA)
- Pamela Nelson (Wilmington, DE)
- Lorainne Barksdale (Fairfax, VA)
- Amanda Martin (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Michele Ziehl (Columbia, SC)
- Rosie Cruz (Lakeland, FL)
- Chris Szympruch and Cortney Natalicchio (Baltimore, MD)
- Jennifer Trimble (York, PA)
Thank you to everyone who donated to this worthy cause. The RWLF hopes our donations inspire confidence and success wherever they land! For more information about RK&K’s Women’s Leadership Forum or to volunteer to help plan future activities, email: email@example.com.