RK&K’s Health Communities Team focuses on celebrating the unique characteristics of places and enhancing livability through balanced and appropriate planning and design for transportation, recreation and land use. The foundation of every project is the people, history and culture of the place. Our approach is humanistic-centered and citizen-driven. The results are realistic and multifaceted.
Our services include the following: Project Visioning, Storytelling, Concept Development, Hand Drawings, Facilitation, Public Engagement, Project Branding, Wayfinding, Active Transportation, Programming and Grant Writing.
How our Healthy Communities Team makes it happen:
- Visioning studies, small area plans and connectivity studies
- Active transportation plans for counties, regions and municipalities
- Bicycle and pedestrian plans
- Trail and greenway master plans, feasibility studies and final design
- Park master plans, concept design development and final design
- Shared-use path, bike lane, cycle track, bike boulevard, sidewalk and street concept and final design
- Complete streets corridor studies, guideline development and construction document development
- Public involvement: focus groups, workshops, charettes, pop-up events and full-scale demonstration projects
- Wayfinding concept design, construction document development and implementation.
Years of Responsive People & Creative Solutions
Have a question? Ready to start a project?