Building better, together.
Sustainability in civil engineering has evolved tremendously over the last several years from an add-on feature primarily in building focused projects to the inclusion of integrated elements in nearly every type of project. Previously associated with additional costs, sustainability can now be a cost savings mechanism for both short-term and long-term construction, operations, and maintenance aspects.
RK&K prides itself on embracing sustainability in projects. One way we do this is by aiding our clients in submitting for third-party verification with a rating system such as LEED, SITES, Envision, GreenRoads, and WEDG. In addition to completing rating system application materials, we can provide sustainable integration into plan sets from the on-set of a project and review projects from a sustainability perspective to determine if additional practices can be implemented.
Since our founding in 1923, RK&K has been dedicated to upholding the highest standards. Our motto – “Protect the Buffalo” – recognizes that prospering as a firm requires social, environmental, and physical infrastructure to advance economic opportunity, protect our environment, and improve lives.
RK&K’s commitment to sustainability practices and environmental stewardship includes both internal operations and delivery of services that:
- Go beyond meeting client requirements and complying with environmental rules and regulations
- Minimize waste and reuse materials where feasible
- Considers environmental impacts, sustainability, and resiliency in our engineering designs and other work products
- Advances pollution prevention, resource conservation and environmental sustainability goals
- Establish RK&K as an environmentally responsible neighbor in the communities where we operate